visa types

Student Visa & Parent Relative Visa

Visit Australia to participate in a course of study (subclass 500).

Visa Subclass 500 issues:

  • Genuine access to funds
  • Age
  • English language proficiency 
  • Enrol
  • Genuine applicant for entry and stay as a student
  • Health insurance
  • Other


Up to 5 years and in line with your enrolment.


From AUD575, unless exempt.

With this visa you can

  • participate in an eligible course of study
  • bring family members to Australia with you
  • apply online in or outside Australia

Things to note

  • be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
  • hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories, for your stay in Australia
  • must be 6 years or older
  • prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
  • Genuine student criterion – Does the applicant genuinely intend to come to Australia and return home at the conclusion of their studies? *Direction No. 69

Parent or Relative Visa (subclass 590)

There are a number of criteria to meet for a Parent or Relative visa including:

  • Applicant is a parent or relative (over 21) of the student visa holder
  • Genuine intention to reside with each other
  • Compelling & compassionate reasons if MOFU <6


Business Visa
visa type

test info...

Read More
Skilled Migration Visa
visa type

Australia has a wide range of Skilled Migrati...

Read More
Skilled – Independent Visa (189)
visa type

Skilled Independant visa (subclass 189) (Poin...

Read More
Skilled Nominated (190)
visa type

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) If you ...

Read More

More Visa